Monday, May 25, 2009

Book Review Part three: My responses

I could relate in very few ways to characters in this story, possibly because I'm not in a very high or low position, like most of the characters were. I believe that the opinion's of the author were that:
1) drugs are bad
2) killing people to stay alive longer is bad
3) you should except what life gives you
I'm in total agreement with all of these. The House of the Scorpion suggests that in the future, cloning will have become possible, and people will use that to try to stay alive longer.
This is a (uh... to many good words) rockular (Rock You Lar) book filled with great twists, awesome themes, and a lot of rockular moral twists. I would not change a word of this book. Ever!

"Matt's heart sank. Esperanza nodded her head as if she agreed with Jorge: Boys did tell scary stories. They did make things up. But then she said,'The warehouse full of laudanum is also myth, I suppose?'"

End part three

No comments:

Post a Comment